Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Black & White Wednesday ~ Les Cafes


Sugar & Spice
Paris, 1997


Ooh-la-la. Les cafes.
I'm often asked what I miss the most about living in Paris. I don't know if there's just one answer to that question....but I do know that one of the answers could be, "All the cafes, of course!"

There were some special places in our neighborhood where we were known. Where my kids got years of special treats. Places where I sat for hours with a Grand Creme, my crossword puzzle and my journal and watched the people pass by. I remember long talks with dear friends. And countless "dates" with one or both of my children.

There's hardly a street or a corner in Paris without a little cafe, so no matter what area you're exploring, you can take a moment to rest and enjoy a drink, a meal or a dessert. The best cafe moments come under sunny skies, on a clear, cool afternoon....or late on a summer evening as the light slowly fades from the sky.

Sigh.

I'll be back, Paris. Someday, I will be back.


My Memory Art
Please join us and share a 
Black & White photo!
I'm also linking up to


21 comments:

  1. Speaking photo...
    I know it only from reading, but it must have a very especially flair (wish I could travel).
    Thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sidewalk cafes in Paris... Part of what make the Parisian cafes special (for me, anyway) is the ambience. Not quite the same feel as sitting in other sidewalk cafes elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this story telling photo and take a seat with you both ...

    :-)

    Cheers. isabella

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cafes are my favorite part of Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clearly you were not the only one to embrace and cherish the moment. Awe, that face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have to agree that there is nothing quite like the wonderful cafe's of this amazing city!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I assume you, your husband, and children are all fluent in French? Do you kids desire to go back?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think one of my biggest regrets is that I never had the opportunity to live as an expat with my family. What an adventure that must have been for all of you. And all those beautiful memories! You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh la la!!!! THe cafes are of course one of my favorite memories and sights of Paris... well that and looking for the aristocats with my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love her sweet expression! Great bw shot!

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this shot!!! I just know I would be all about the open air dining. So up my alley. Thank you for reaching my heart with sharing these. I'm smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post and just my feelings about Paris. I am hoping for my first visit there to be really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. so adorable then, so very beautiful now!!! i'm not sure about paris, maybe, but it overwhelms me just a little!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this shot is just wonderful. I love love the expression on her face, pure contentment, like she knows she belongs right there. She must have been a natural at the cafes. Wondering if you knew how long you'd be there at the time...

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this photo! and her expression! x

    ReplyDelete